Changes To Your Divorce Decree

When a marriage ends, couples try to reach a divorce decree that will endure the test of time. But circumstances change. The economy takes a downturn and people lose their jobs, jeopardizing one's ability to pay child or spousal support. People move, and this requires alterations to a parenting plan.

Serving Jacksonville and throughout northeast Florida, the law office of Beth M. Terry, P.A., provides comprehensive representation in post-decree issues involving modification and enforcement.

Modification To Child Custody And Child Support

Beth handles child support, child custody, visitation, parenting plan and alimony modifications. Such modifications are granted when there has been a substantial change in material circumstances. Examples include job loss, a decrease in income, an increase in income, relocation and other concerns.

Job loss in particular is a major issue affecting people throughout northeast Florida. If you lost your job and are responsible for child support or spousal support, do not wait to assert your rights. Support will continue to accrue at the original rate. We can help you seek a readjustment or modification — even if the job loss is temporary.

Support Enforcement

Our law firm also enforces court decrees. We assist in a full range of related matters, including:

  • Child support enforcement — This involves the nonpayment of child support. The individual who has not complied with court orders to pay support can be held in contempt. The individual who is bringing the action can recover child support arrears, as well as attorneys' fees and costs associated with the action.

  • Spousal support enforcement — The nonpayment or underpayment of alimony or spousal support. As with child support matters, the non-compliant individual can be held in contempt, and be compelled to pay alimony arrears in addition to legal fees.

  • Property division enforcement — Such matters generally involve one party not complying with property division or retirement orders. For example, if the property settlement agreement included one party selling the marital home or paying a portion of retirement funds to the other, and he or she did not comply with this order, he or she can be compelled to do so by the court and may be subject to attorneys' fees and costs.

Helping You Recover What You're Owed

We handle modification and enforcement issues on a national and international level. If you or the other party lives out of the state or out of the country, we can help. Likewise, we may be able to handle such cases on a contingency fee basis — you don't have to pay unless we are successful in the collection of our claim.


O: 904-399-5354

F: (904) 399-5341

3943 Baymeadows Rd Suite 3, Jacksonville, FL 32217, USA

©2017 by Beth M. Terry, P.A.. Proudly created with